Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Race and Politics!

With all the commercials and advertisements saying I'm xxxxxx xxxxxx and I approve this message,you cant help but to but to wonder who really is thinking about the people. honestly all presidential Candidates will say everything that they have to to get your vote. It doesn't matter what political party you choose, the candidates want your vote. This leads me to  a hot topic when it comes to politics; Race. I tend to think of myself as a "conservative liberal", if that even makes sense. I agree with Republicans and democrats depending on the topic. When it come to race, common knowledge media,movies tell us that liberals(Democrats) seem to be the party that actually cares about the race factor. where as republicans seem to be mostly concerned about their bottom line$$$$.There is no way of knowing for sure how true these views about each party truly are. It tends to get watered down by the time it hits your T.V. or radio. I really get into watching "Hannity" on Fox news( a more republican leaning network) and "The Rachel Maddow Show" on MSNBC (a left leaning network).  This allows me to hear what both sides have to say.

Race was a very steamy topic in 2008. This was when Barack Obama was running for Office in 2008.  To be fair, He was the 1st  non-white candidate that had a real shot at winning. Is it just me, or does race seem to be an even bigger issue in politics since 2008? At that time there was a lot of hateful rhetoric going around about the President, and there still is. that comes with being in such a diverse nation. Its almost expected.  There is an issue that i had with it though. Let me be clear, I believe that we (americans) have the right to voice our opinion good or bad. For some reason the most hatefull things always seemed to come from right wing republicans. is that to say that there are no racist democrats? I dont know the answer to that. I do know that liberals use the race card when it was benifical to them 2008.There are a lot of left wing politicians who use  race as an  as a good taking point, clearly for geting the minority vote. Thats not to say that is an indication of them caring or not, it just means they know how to get the votes. My question is this? Why dont Republican Candidates denounce these types of voters, denounce anyone who is hateful and close minded? That never seems to happen. although they rarely agree openly with these people. they never say; dont vote for me if you are a hateful person as i do not agree with such things that hateful. Is getting the vote more important that advancing our social climate here in America. Where does a candidate draw the line between relevant social issues and peronal/political gain. To be fair, I cant say that all republicans are racist. I can say however, that most racists tend to vote republican. Why is that?

3 comments:

  1. I was always wondering why it is the liberal Democrats disrupting Republican politicians? I consider myself Independent, and voted for Obama because I thought it was a good change. He said if he didn't do what he said he would in the first four years, then vote him out. So I plan to switch over and vote Republican. I hope your idea isn't transposable: that Republican voters are racist! Actually, I'm pro-life, a single mom, and resent my hard-earned monies paying for abortions (46%) of Planned Parenthood's income. Nice start to your blog...should bring some interesting discussions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a republican, I don't like them; but I dislike the Democratic Party more.
    I would like some of your examples of Republicans saying hateful things about minorities. Yunno, like video or something. I have TONS of hateful, spiteful things that Democrats are responsible for:

    -The amount of direct death threats against WI Republican legislators was unprecedented during the Walker Recall. Democrats wrote letters claiming they would "slit their throats" and "know where their families live".

    - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxDzPyd4XX0&feature=youtu.be

    - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-oS4WLui3Q&feature=youtu.be

    -Snoop Dogg's take on Romney and Obama: http://www.chicagonow.com/mayor-daily/2012/10/why-snoop-dogg-is-voting-for-obama-a-fact-check/

    (He's not voting for him because he's a "White Nigga". And A "bitch", "ho", etc.)

    Or the fact that the Democrats are the ones who started the KKK, and fought Civil Rights Legislation:

    - http://stoprepublicans.blogspot.com/2006/05/history-of-republican-evil.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I remember correctly, I believe Abraham Lincoln was a Republican.

    ReplyDelete