Friday, October 26, 2012

Social Media

Social media and Social networking have completely changed the landscape of the internet. For a long time it was just a means of sending emails downloading music(legally) LOL. Now When most people think of the internet the fist that comes to mind is social networking sites. Even Television is on board. You  wont likely see and advertisement that wont say "check us out on Facebook". I have to admit I'm a little old school i prefer to just call my friends  most people prefer to use face book to stay in touch. Eventually I got it. It's almost like having a virtual meeting place that you can hang out with your friends without leaving home. More often than not i am noticing a trend  in relationships. people can meet on facebook(no payments required) this almost makes sites like match.com a waste of time. Why pay for what you can do for free. Unfortunately this has a downside. How often have you seen people air their dirty laundry on facebook(breakups,arguments,ect) for all to see. I lost count. I'm not "hating" on social networking or Facebook for that matter, I just think it's taking people away from real life socializing(in person).

No comments:

Post a Comment